Our school’s pedagogy reflects the overarching principles and approach to learning outlined in the Sydney Catholic Schools’ Statement on Authentic Learning. By connecting to the real world of students’ lives, authentic learning enables students to become lifelong learners who contribute to society and the wider world as active and discerning citizens. Authentic learning is central to our work as Catholic educators because it promotes the continual growth and wellbeing of the whole person; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
Students of all levels are encouraged to be responsible for their learning. This level of responsibility is synonymous with the opportunities that St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Moorebank offers through:
- A broad curriculum incorporating English, Mathematics, Science and Technology, History, Geography, Personal Development, Health and Physical Education, Creative Arts and Religious Education.
- Additional programs include:
- Specialist dance teachers delivering a 10 week dance program for all children
- Specialist gymnastics teachers provide a program in Year 1, Year 3 and Year 5
- Learn to swim program is offered in Kinder to Year 4
- Surf Awareness Program with CPR component for Year 6 students
- Kindergarten to Year 6 in-school Public Speaking Program leading to Inter-School Public Speaking Competition for selected students in Years 5 and 6
- Wide range of inter-school sporting opportunities at competition level
- The contemporary use of technology to support teaching and learning, including a Bring Your Own Designated Device program running in Years 4–6.
- Environmental Awareness is integrated in the curriculum and actioned through hands-on activities including the garden club and responsible stewardship at school and in the home.
- School facilities include a well resourced library, canteen, shaded play areas, grass play area, Parish hall, Special Education and Reading Recovery rooms. All classrooms are equipped with interactive screen and devices with Internet connection.
- Ongoing community activities including St. Joseph’s Parish Fete, St Joseph’s Feast Day, St Joseph’s Walkathon and BBQ, and the end of year concert.
- Regular school assemblies with recognition of student achievement with award system, class performance items and student leadership opportunities.
- Highly qualified and committed staff.
- A welcoming and supportive school environment.